Home / Calendar
Calendar of The Tropist Monks
Have you ever wondered why the Gregorian calendar is the only one used in the 'western' world? Of course not, because we're not given a lot of choice. Westerners laugh at other 'calendars' because they are behind in the number of years, or something else pathetic.
So, without further ado, here is the calendar the Monks use:
- The Fool: starts 5th May (Havvoth Nar), 18 days long.
- The Magician: starts 23rd May, 14 days long.
- The Empress: starts 6th June, 17 days long.
- The Emperor: starts 23rd June, 14 days long.
- The High Priestess: starts 7th July, 16 days long.
- The Hierophant: starts 23rd July, 16 days long.
- The Lovers: starts 8th August, 17 days long. The Firestorm falls within this month.
- The Chariot: starts 23rd August.
- Justice: starts 9th September, 14 days long.
- Temperance: starts 23rd September, 19 days long.
- Strength: starts 10th October, 13 days long.
- The Hermit: starts 23rd October, 19 days long.
- The Wheel of Fortune: starts 11th November, 12 days long.
- The Hanged Man: starts 23rd November, 19 days long.
- Death: starts 12th December, 20 days long, Swik on the 13th, 14th and 15th of Death.
- The Demon: starts 1st January, 16 days long.
- The Tower: starts 17th January, 16 days long.
- The Star: starts 2nd February, 15 days long.
- The Moon: starts on the 17th February, 14 or 15 days long. In a non-leap year, The Moon starts with the 2nd day of The Moon and is 14 days long. The 1st day of The Moon comes every four years and is the festival of Bogusday.
- The Sun: starts 3rd March, 20 days long.
- Judgement: starts 23 March, 12 days long. The 7th day is the Festival of the Morai.
- The World: starts 4th April, 19 days long.
- The Minor Arcana: starts 23rd April, twelve days long. The festival days are the King, Queen, Knight and Page or Swords, then Coins then Cups.
Summary of the festivals: